Thank you for visiting the advice section of Pat Glass MP’s website.

Your MP can help on a range of issues on a strictly confidential basis where you are struggling to make progress on your own. Whilst we cannot guarantee that your MP will be able to fix everything, we can guarantee she will do her best for you.

The first thing you should to is ensure you live in North West Durham by visiting the website ‘Find Your MP’ and confirming that Pat Glass is indeed your MP. Strict parliamentary protocol states that an MP can only deal with problems on behalf of those constituents who reside in their constituency.

Click here to download a fact sheet from Parliament titled “You and your MP”, which you may find useful. This fact sheet gives information on the areas where your MP can help you and how the process works. Pat also recommends reading the MP Surgery Guide which is an excellent online resource.

Here are some common areas that Pat has already helped constituents of North West Durham.

  • Child Support Agency
  • Housing Issues
  • Benefit Applications
  • Benefit Appeals & Tribunals
  • Immigration
  • Health
  • Transport
  • Council Tax Queries
  • Pension Queries
  • Inland Revenue
  • Pensions

Pat Glass MP also works closely with Durham County Council and elected County Councillors when required to ensure your local issues are dealt with quickly and effectively.

How to get Help

You can either contact the MPs office by telephone to discuss your problems or write to Pat with full details.

The MP’s office will advise you on exactly what they need to move your case forward, but here is a small list of what is most commonly required so you can gather your information together to speed things up;

  • Your Full Name
  • Address
  • Date of Birth
  • National Insurance Number
  • Your Statement (This should outline your case so far and give Pat authority to act on your behalf. It is also helpful to outline the desired outcome of your MPs involvement that you hope to achieve from the MPs intervention)
  • You should also include any reference numbers relevant to your case e.g. Home Office Reference Number

Should you wish to meet Pat Glass MP in person you are welcome to attend one of her monthly surgeries which are held on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings at the end of each month, however, we do recommend you contact the office straight away, and you are always welcome to attend a surgery and meet Pat if you wish afterwards.

When to contact someone else

Although Pat will consider carefully any way that she can assist you with your concerns, some issues are not the direct responsibility of Parliament or Government. Pat cannot mediate disputes with neighbours, landlords or employers, family arguments or consumer matters.

MPs are not permitted to comment on, or intervene, on legal matters or decisions made by a court. MPs cannot give legal advice (including general pointers) or immigration advice which could be seen as recommendations on actions to gain a preferred outcome. If you need this sort of advice you should speak to a solicitor or contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Visit our Contacts page for full details on how you can get in touch with Pat Glass MP and her office so we can get to work on your case.